The Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones (IFT) in Mexico has opened a public consultation for the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band. The objectives of the consultation are the following:
- Establish the technical operating conditions of WAS/RLAN systems that could make use of the of the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band, in order to promote the deployment of new technologies in Mexico to benefit the general public
- Manage and promote efficient use of the radio spectrum in the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band for the telecommunications sector
- Promote conditions for the general public to have access to new telecommunications technologies and services through the use of the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band
- Increase the harmonization in the use of the radio spectrum for the operation of WAS/RLAN systems in the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band, based on international best practices and existing technological advances
- Encourage technological innovation in Mexico by adding access to the radio spectrum for new equipment or technologies related to the operation of WAS/RLAN systems in the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band, without need for a concession for these purposes
- Promote competition in the telecommunications market for the 5925 – 7125 MHz frequency band
Comments will be accepted until June 24, 2021. Please use the following link or contact your Approve-IT project manager for support submitting comments.